Oliver Wight Asia/Pacific
We are Oliver Wight Asia/Pacific, Ground floor, 470 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia. Oliver Wight Asia/Pacific works in conjunction with Oliver Wight International (the ‘OWI Group’), who are a data controller in their own right. Oliver Wight Asia/Pacific (hereafter referred to as ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ in this policy) are a data controller of any personal data which we collect from you. You can contact us using the details below or by writing to this address.
What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information that we may process in connection with our products and services, if relevant, may include:
- Personal contact details for example name, company, job title, contact details, email address and phone number.
- Records of your contact with us such as notes from telephone conversations, email correspondence and meetings at events.
- Products and services, you buy from us, as well as have been interested in.
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products and services we think you may be interested in, to help us target relevant products and services to you more effectively.
- Insights we gain about you when you voluntarily complete our surveys/forms or provide us with feedback, to collect marketing research and help us improve the relevance of our products and services.
How do we collect your personal information?
There are times when we will ask to collect information from you, or we will collect information about you from other sources. We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Website 'cookies'
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Completion of forms
We collect information about you when you voluntarily complete any of our online/printed forms, surveys or provide us with feedback.
- Publicly available sources such as social media sites and commercial data companies
- From you directly
- We buy or rent marketing lists
Data transfer abroad:
We work with the OWI Group, a global group of companies which has databases in different countries, some of which are locally managed. We may transfer your data to one of the OWI Group's databases outside your country of domicile, in the interest of answering a request better. Where we do so, we ensure that we apply appropriate safeguards (either by transferring data only to recipients in the European Union, to recipients in countries approved by the European Commission, to recipients that are party to the EU-US Privacy Shield, or by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If you are concerned about the levels of data security in any country outside of the EEA, please let us know and we will endeavour to advise what steps will be taken to protect your data when stored overseas.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Purchasing our products and services and managing any aspect of that product or service
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics and content
- For direct marketing communications. We will send you marketing by email, phone, post and social media about products and services we think will be of interest to you
- To provide insight and analysis to help us improve products or services
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
We rely on the following bases to use your personal information:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products and services
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a. Managing your products and services
b. For direct marketing communications to help us offer you relevant products and services. We will send marketing to you by email, phone, post, and social media.
- With your consent for some direct marketing communications.
When/how do we share your personal information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to companies or organisations who handle services on our behalf, for example direct marketing communications. We also share information with the OWI Group. We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital Marketing Service Providers.
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information.
How long do we keep your information for?
The length of time we will store your data will depend on our legal grounds for processing that data.
- Where we use or store your data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, we will use or store your data for as long as it is necessary to perform that contract.
- Where we use or store your data because it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, we will use or store your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with that obligation.
- Where we use or store your data because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, we will use or store your data until you ask us to stop. However, if we can demonstrate the reason why we are using or storing your data overrides you interests, rights and freedoms, then we will continue to use and store your data for as long as it is necessary for those legitimate interests.
- Where we use or store your data because you have given us your specific, informed, and unambiguous consent, we will use or store your data until you ask us to stop.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
Do you have to provide your information to us?
We are unable to provide you with some of our products and services if you do not provide us with certain information, such as name, company name and email address. In cases where providing personal information is optional, we will make this clear.
You have various legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which we collect about you, as follows:
- You have a right to access the information we hold about you free-of-charge.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where: (i) the information we hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) we are unlawfully using your information; (iii) we no longer need to use the information; or (iv) we do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that we may continue to store your information or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- You have the right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to us using/storing your information. We will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights, and freedoms.
- Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed, and unambiguous consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to object to us using/storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact our customer services team using the contact details set out below.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws (https://ico.org.uk/) if you believe we are not complying with the laws and regulations relating to the use/storage of the information you give us, or that we collect about you.
How to contact us:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Telephone us on +61(0)3 9596 5830
- Write to us at Oliver Wight Asia/Pacific, 118/3 Male Street, Brighton, Victoria 3186, Australia, stating your full name and contact details.